NOTE: Version 0.6.x is backward-compatible with 0.5.x for the most part, with some caveats. The first few releases will be removing a bunch of obsolete and deprecated code and replacing some of the internals of the base worker. While this will almost certainly not break the majority of things built on vumi, old code or code that relies too heavily on the details of worker setup may need to be fixed.
|Date released:||10 January 2017|
- Ensure that the keys for the data coding mapping of the SMPP transport get converted to ints, as it’s not possible with Junebug’s JSON channel config to represent dictionary keys as integers.
- Update Message Sender tests to work with the new Riak client.
|Date released:||23 September 2016|
- Update the HttpRPCTransport to use the new vumi logging to be compatible with Junebug log collection.
|Date released:||12 August 2016|
- Change logging level from warning to info for SMPP disconnections, to reduce sentry entries when being throttled.
|Date released:||27 July 2016|
- Update Dmark transport to send null content at the start of a USSD session rather than sending the USSD code.
|Date released:||27 July 2016|
- Apply numerous cleanups to the Dockerfile.
- Use only decimal digits for session identifiers in the MTN Nigeria USSD XML over TCP transport.
- Add the ability to configure the PDU field the dialed USSD code is taken from in the 6D SMPP processor.
- Update tests to pass with Twisted 16.3.
|Date released:||12 May 2016|
- Allow disabling of delivery report handling as sometimes these cause more noise than signal.
- Embed the original SMPP transports delivery report status into the message transport metadata. This is useful information that applications may chose to act on.
|Date released:||19 April 2016|
- Re-fix the bug in the Vumi Bridge transport that prevents it making outbound requests.
|Date released:||18 April 2016|
- Fix bug in Vumi Bridge transport that prevented it making outbound requests.
|Date released:||15 April 2016|
- Update the Vumi Bridge transport to perform teardown more carefully (including tearing down the Redis manager and successfully tearing down even if start up failed halfway).
- Add support for older SSL CA certificates when using the Vumi Bridge transport to connect to Vumi Go.
|Date released:||8 April 2016|
- Fix object leak caused by creating lots of Redis submanagers.
- Remove deprecated manhole middleware.
- Update fake_connections wrapping of abortConnection to work with Twisted 16.1.
|Date released:||31 March 2016|
- Refactor and update the Vumi Bridge non-streaming HTTP API client, including adding status events and a web_path configuration option for use with Junebug.
- Remove the deprecated Vumi Bridge streaming HTTP API client.
- Add a Dockerfile entrypoint script.
- Rename the TWISTD_APPLICATION Dockerfile variable to TWISTD_COMMAND.
- Pin the version of Vumi installed in the Dockerfile.
- Update manhole middleware so that tests pass with Twisted 16.0.
|Date released:||3 March 2016|
- Add support for uniformly handling Redis ResponseErrors across different Redis implementations.
|Date released:||2 March 2016|
- Removed support for Python 2.6.
- Publish status messages from WeChat transport (for use with Junebug).
- A support for the rename command to FakeRedis.
- Add Dockerfile for running Vumi.
- Fixed typo in “How we do releases” documentation.
|Date released:||7 Dec 2015|
- Removed various obsolete test helper code in preparation for AMQP client changes.
- Started writing release notes again.
No release notes for three and a half years. Sorry. :-(
|Date released:||16 Apr 2012|
- added support for once-off scheduling of messages.
- added MultiWorker.
- added support for grouped messages.
- added support for middleware for transports and applicatons.
- added middleware for storing of all transport messages.
- added support for tag pools.
- added Mediafone transport.
- added support for setting global vumi worker options via a YAML configuration file.
- added a keyword-based message dispatcher.
- added a grouping dispatcher that assists with A/B testing.
- added support for sending outbound messages that aren’t replies to application workers.
- extended set of message parameters supported by the http_relay worker.
- fixed twittytwister installation error.
- fixed bug in Integrat transport that caused it to send two new session messages.
- ported the TruTeq transport to the new message format.
- added support for longer messages to the Opera transport.
- wrote a tutorial.
- documented middleware and dispatchers.
- cleaned up of SMPP transport.
- removed UglyModel.
- removed Django-based vumi.webapp.
- added support for running vumi tests using tox.
|Date released:||12 Jan 2012|
- Use yaml.safe_load everywhere YAML config files are loaded. This fixes a potential security issue which allowed those with write access to Vumi configuration files to run arbitrary Python code as the user running Vumi.
- Fix bug in metrics manager that unintentionally allowed two metrics with the same name to be registered.
|Date released:||4 Jan 2012|
- defined common message format.
- added user session management.
- added transport worker base class.
- added application worker base class.
- made workers into Twisted services.
- re-organized example application workers into a separate package and updated all examples to use common message format
- deprecated Django-based vumi.webapp
- added and deprecated UglyModel
- re-organized transports into a separate package and updated all transports except TruTeq to use common message (TruTeq will be migrated in 0.4 or a 0.3 point release).
- added satisfactory HTTP API(s)
- removed SMPP transport’s dependency on Django
|Date released:||19 September 2011|
- System metrics as per Blinkenlights.
- Realtime dashboarding via Geckoboard.
|Date released:||4 August 2011|
SMPP Transport (version 3.4 in transceiver mode)
- Send & receive SMS messages.
- Send & receive USSD messages over SMPP.
- Supports SAR (segmentation and reassembly, allowing receiving of SMS messages larger than 160 characters).
- Graceful reconnecting of a failed SMPP bind.
- Delivery reports of SMS messages.
- Providing connectivity to Gtalk, Jabber and any other XMPP based service.
- Currently used to log conversations going on in various IRC channels.
- Interval based polling of new SMS messages that a GSM modem has received.
- Immediate sending of outbound SMS messages.
- Live tracking of any combination of keywords or hashtags on twitter.
USSD Transports for various aggregators covering 12 African countries.
HTTP API for SMS messaging:
- Sending SMS messages via a given transport.
- Receiving SMS messages via an HTTP callback.
- Receiving SMS delivery reports via an HTTP callback.
- Querying received SMS messages.
- Querying the delivery status of sent SMS messages.